Monday, November 29, 2010

Daily Read #19: Wait. The 4-letter word of the moment.

Well polls are closed and now we wait, wondering:We probably don't even have sufficient information to wonder but I think those of us most closely involved can share a degree of confidence that the sum of our efforts was enough. Not necessarily enough to win, but certainly enough to feel that we did our best. Enough for Ryan and Rachel to know that they are supported, loved and respected.

How are you feeling? I remember being at the hospital before, during and after the birth of my first hungering for someone to ask me that. Granted I didn't know how I would have answered it but it's nice to know that someone is thinking it.

Are you sad to have Good Reads end?

Is Good Reads ending?

No I don't think it is. What else am I going to do between the hours of 4:30-6:00 am. However, I want to respect the anticipatory hush that has fallen over the blogosphere as we wait to find out what will happen to 'My Dads Eyes'.

Thank you again for your interest and the investment of attention this has been. Mama's right there are good people everywhere you go, because wherever you go there you be and you be good.

Just something for your mind to chew on while you wait.

Results will be announced sometime between 9-10 on X96 a Salt Lake City Area Alternative rock station during their morning show ironically named 'Radio from Hell' Oh, how I wish it had a different name . The station does have an online streaming option you may be able to access here. I'm not responsible for their website's vibe nor content so proceed at your own risk. I couldn't get the online streaming to work. I think it might be a Mac Compatibility issue because Ryan said he was able to get it on his PC but try anyway.

We'll post what we know when we know it.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

I have to agree with the name of the radio program, "Radio from Hell". We've been listening online and we've heard a discussion about how to cure lesbians, gays in the military and Emma just asked me what a drag queen was. This program is more informative than the public school system. We kept our kids home so that they could be with us when they announced the winner, maybe that was a bad idea.

Rachel said...

Still waiting.... did we miss it? Do we have the wrong station? Wrong Day? For the love, if I have to listen to these crazy wacko djs for much longer, I'm going to lose my mind.

Larsen's said...

Its after ten now! I swear I missed it. And now there is not any talking. Only music. Whats the news??

Rachel said...

No you didn't miss it, we were wondering the same thing. Apparently Hoopes said that it would be announced on the radio, but then decided not to (without telling anyone). I just got off the phone with them and they said that they would be making the announcement on their facebook page or on their website within a couple hours.

(trying really hard not to be mad at them)

So my deepest apologies to anyone who had to suffer through the hours of Radio from Hell and all the talk about gaggles of gays and retarded celebrities.

So here we are still waiting. This is a test of my patience for sure.

Rachel said...

This is worse than any Biggest Loser Weigh-in. I feel like I'm in the middle of the world's longest commercial break.

Rachel said...

Just checked Foxnews and MSNBC. Their coverage of the contest results stink!

Ryan said...

I would like to say thank you to everyone who has supported me on this contest. It is very inspiring to see how good people are.

I am so impressed by the number of you who have gone to all lengths to support my small cause. If the world was full of people like you there wouldn't be need for any need for welfare and things of the like.

My sincere thanks.

Ryan

Merry said...

Yay! Congratulations all! And I hope that Good Reads isn't ending.