Saturday, December 11, 2010

Daily Read #29: Black Friday

Rest your little worried souls. My heart is still beating, and my lungs moving so atleast my cerebellum is still functioning.

What is not functioning is our internet at home which in part explains the no daily read of yesterday. Spare me some of your vast quantities of magnanimity. Because it was Friday. I had plans of doing a post on Black Friday. Even though it wasn't.

Do you Black Friday?

I have once. Last year, with Rachel and our two cousins.

I bought keebler cookies and a cabbage patch baby doll. The checker looked at me like I was nuts and vocalized that thought 'You couldn't wait for the cookies it's 4:15 am and this cabbage patch doll is not on sale.' [Meaning that I could buy it, but it wasn't discounted like the flat screens I had passed in the dairy aisle].

I said, 'Sam Walton wants me to remind you that your job is to take my money not ask me questions. Now can I pay for my cookies and my cabbage patch doll."

Now I don't think you have lived until you have Black Friday'd in Cedar. In most places you've got stores like Kohl's, Target, Best Buy, Staples to diffuse the masses of crazed consumers, but in Cedar City there is one option for anyone with the more is more approach to gift-giving--Walmart..

I was more than a little amused as I waded through the frenzy. Hottest item I saw? Card table and chairs. I thought, "ooh who's been the good little boy or girl this year?. Bet you can't wait to invite your friends over to share with them this awesomeness." Maybe I'm wrong and bridge is making a resurgence with generation LOL.

Anyway, we were in and out like a hamburger joint that sells terrible fries but apparently has great benefits.

Best part of the morning was when we went across the vacant lot next to Walmart to Home Depot and scored an awesome deal on a shopvac. Did we need a shopvac? No. Has it been the best 18 dollars ever spent? Quite possibly.

We even got that conquest on video, but I can't get it to post. I'll try to update it later.

For now, This will have to do.



So I know there hasn't been a lot of reading to this post but it's Saturday. Who reads on the weekend.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

LOL funny stuff. Loved the video and I remember that Black Friday well, I was sleeping.